As well as making programmes and knowing a bit about Pro Tools we also provide a variety of media related audio courses which we taylor to each client’s needs.
We were approached by Orbit Showtime Network to run a 5 day training course for their audio department to help them to start producing their content in surround especially for their HD channels.
OSN is the Middle East and North Africa equivalent of Sky and they also asked me to advise on how to integrate surround into their workflows and to train and advise on the thorny issue of loudness too.
- Surround – How we got to where we are today
- Monitor arrangements and calibration including bass management
- Loudness – theory
- Surround in Pro Tools – including the I/O Setup window and surround panning options
- Setting up templates
- Loudness – which meter and which plug-in to use
- Loudness – metadata
- Delivery formats – including Dolby E and Dolby Digital
- Downmixing – where and when and which plug-ins
- Upmixing – why, how and which plug-ins
- Dolby Workflow all the way through to the consumer
- Short form mixing practice
- Long form mixing practice
- Surround sound acquisition including case studies